Thursday, January 28, 2010

Living in My Own Head

Sometimes I think I live in my own head too much.  Faith and I were talking about that today.  If we go for a couple of days working in solitude, we tend to go a little toward the depressed side and need human interaction to life(haha lift!) us out of that.  For example, today I found out a client chose someone else to do her newborn's 3 month pics.  Now this is going to happen.  People are going to come and go and I had already done 2 shoots for her that she was pleased with.  Also, another local photographer decided to copy my pricing and print schedule for a portrait session.  This is also going to happen from time to time.  But honestly, you would think my best friend had died.  This is how I was feeling not less than 20 minutes ago.  I actually had the thought, as I was editing my niece's photo that maybe I should just do work for my family.  Maybe I wasn't good/competitive/creative enough.  *sigh*  Self, get a grip.

God has definitely directed my steps into this career.  It is what I am supposed to be doing.  I know that.  I have a whole year of exciting possibilities in front of me.  Tons of goals.  Desire to achieve and get better.


I don't want to be a cup half empty kind of person.

Thank you God for challenges and set backs and that everything doesn't just come easy.  Thank you that work and improvement are part of being who you want us to be. 

In other news, today I went house shopping with Ryan, played hopscotch with JJ, and I have finished editing everything until March rolls around with a roar.  Faith called me just to chat.  My mom's bday is today.  And I had Mexican food with a friend for lunch.  Not too shabby.  (=

2 comments:

the Jeffr said...

haha. I love that line..."Self, get a grip." Can't wait to see what great stuff you do this year, crys ;)

You not only make your clients happy with your good/competitive/creative work, you also inspire other people that you've never met to chase their creative dreams down. Keep up the good work!

CG said...

Thx, Jeff! You are always super encouraging. (= Right back atcha with the artwork. I want to see some more Stasko orginals. (=

Blog Archive