Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mommy Dreams

We get to keep Jordan tonight. I love watching her. She is spontaneous fun in a 2 year old body. Hey, I know I'm biased, but she is the cutest, smartest, sweetest little girl evah. And she is talking in sentences and paragraphs now so we can have actual conversations. Apparently she downloaded some of her looks from her auntie because she and I at the same age looked a lot alike. People often assume that she is mine when we are out, and I admit to feeling that pang every time. Not because I want to steal J away from my brother and sister in law(who rock) but because I have serious baby fever.

I am a vivid dreamer, and often I can remember my dreams. For example, I had a nightmare when I was 10 and we lived in my grandmother's cabin on furlough. The cabin was kind of a nightmare in real life, and that translated in my dream to sharks swimming around in the rugs and having to jump around on the furniture to get out the kitchen window. I dream often of airplanes and airports and sometimes US Presidents. haha. I can't tell you about the presidential dreams, Internet. Just know that they were very funny. (= Anyway, one night earlier this year I dreamed that two giant turtles were chasing me and one of them knocked me down. It was a dream that begged for an explanation so I looked it up. Apparently dreaming about turtles = dreaming about pregnancy and two turtles means twins.

Bottom line. So ready to get knocked down by a turtle and join the ranks of my friends and family who post thousands of baby pictures and talk about staying up all night and teething issues and potty training. Yup. I want to join that so interesting conversation.

Maybe not twins, though. (;

No comments:

Blog Archive