Wednesday, July 21, 2010

In Da Club

Do you want to get lei'd? Asked the bouncer.  Confused....I responded.."um, um, not really...." "Bachelorette parties get in free," he said, and handed me a terrifically tacky plastic lei.  The music was loud and the floor was packed as we made our way in.  Me, Kells(the bride) and 5 girlfriends.  Armed and dangerous with our dare cards.  (-:

Faith had done her job earlier, and all the cards were rated PG. 

We made our way onto the dance floor, and the fun commenced.  Kellie's card said, "Dance alone to Wild Thing".  So I made my way to the DJ and made a request.

As I innocently danced next to Kells 5 minutes later, the DJ did that cool spin thing and all of the sudden...." WILD THANNG!" haha, but Kellie dancing to Wild Thing leaves a little of the Wild part to be desired. (=  She is a mellow dancer:  Exhibit A.


The second intrepid dare doer was Amanda.  I was sitting next to Faith at the table chatting and watching the dance floor and all of the sudden I see Amanda streaking across the back of the club, not literally streaking of course, and catching up to a guy.  Sure enough, 2 minutes later he and his friend are following her back to our table.  As soon as we are all watching, he bends his head down(Amanda is short) and she plops a kiss on his shiny bald head.  We cheer like crazy people and he high fives us.  Everybody's happy. 

Faith and I being the least interested in dancing and the most interested in sitting, are still hanging out at the table later on.  Faith decides it's her turn.  She pops up, walks over to the guy sitting on the end of the pool table in front of us, and whispers in his ear.  He immediately turns around and sticks his bootie out.  Faith pinches it.  Again, everybody's happy.  All of the sudden Faith is tapped on the shoulder, she turns around and there is his friend sticking his bootie out for a friendly pinch as well. 

Apparently he was concerned that his bootie was recognized as being cute also.

Ruby had to ask a guy to marry her.  He politely declined.  Sheila got a number, with warnings not to prank call him.  Nati danced with a boy....who asked if he could dance with the "queen" ie, Kells and got politely declined in turn.  haha.

My card said I had to dance with a boy younger than me.  So I got my cougar skillzz on and went hunting.  (=  There were two little asian boys on the edge of the dance floor who looked like they hadn't been to a club before in their nerdy little lives.  Seriously.  One of them was texting.  So I asked him to dance....his eyes got really big and his friend grinned and pushed him out on the dance floor.  We, and by this I mean, me -- danced for two hot seconds while all the girls were over on the side cracking up.  The cute little guy tried to move, but I really think it was his first time and he was so helpless.  And hilarious. 

So we left victorious.  Tired, but happy....Kellie's last big single hurrah a success in every way!  Fun was had by all, included the various boys who were kind enough to humor us. 

And in the car the next day, Faith and Amanda were talking about getting lei'd and it occured to me what the bouncer was actually asking....blond hair moment # 304.  Yup, for the weekend.

No comments:

Blog Archive