Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tea Stained

The conversations are weekly or monthly.  It happens during late night get togethers in living rooms or on early morning coffee house couches.  I've been broken during these moments.  I've cried tears of laughter. Topics cover everything from men to fashion to television to God.  I've shared and listened to heart's deepest secrets and grown in immeasurable ways. 

The one connecting factor to all of these moments is tea. 

My favorite is Kenyan.  It's black, it's sweet and spicy, and with a little leche in it...yummo.  It's comfort to my soul.  In the morning, in the evening, when I'm sick or tired.  (Jen thought she was marrying a Kenyan man for love.  Nope.  It was all part of my master plan to have a tea dealer near and dear to me.)  

I was thinking today about how I used to tea stain things in highschool or college to get an aged look.  I hope that my heart looks like that years from now.  A little wrinkled, and a little worn, but brown and aged with years of conversations over tea.  


 

No comments:

Blog Archive