Monday, July 5, 2010

well, 3rd post is the charm

Yes, in one day even.  Rollercoaster of emotion much?

Small groups tonight.  Study on grace.  How much did I not want to lead it tonight.  A LOT.

Read through Galations 5 and Jeremiah 32.  And finished in Romans 5.  All good reminders of that fact that God is sufficient.  And gracious.  And slow to anger and abounding in love.  In fact, all of the things that I wasn't today.

The part that I love the most is in verses 1-2 of Romans 5.  The phrase, :stand in grace: it's hit my heart and lodged there.  I fail to think that I can stand at all sometimes, especially in grace.  But it doesn't depend on me and that is the good news.

Stand in grace.
Stand in grace.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.  Eph 6:13

Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.  Rom 14:4

God help me to be gracious and to stand in my life and in my days as a little reflection of you.

No comments:

Blog Archive