Thursday, August 5, 2010

First Reads: I Fell in Love



The stereotype of girls reading trashy romance novels is all too true.  I confess to having read a few in my time.  Especially on the beach.  A novel that doesn't cost too many brain cells to surf through is perfect for an afternoon in the sun.  But what I really crave for a good love story is what I like in any good novel: strong plot, creative and interesting writing, characters that live and breathe, and a point beyond the frivolous obvious.  There are actually 2 books in this category.  The first one is the Chataine's Guardian, by Robin Hardy and the second one is Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.





Both books are written by Christian authors, which is actually a little surprising for me.  Honestly I usually find Christian fiction authors insipid and bland. (although I love Christian non fiction.)  Both novels are stories of unconditional love.  Sacrificial love.


And of course both novels have a hero and a damsel in distress.  (;  Gotta have the basics covered, haha!

But these stories left footprints on my heart and are two of my favorites....

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Redeeming Love is my favorite fiction book of all time. I read it in college and have reread it several times over.

I haven't heard of Chataine's Guardian, though. Might have to check that one out if I ever get another chance to sit and read.

Blog Archive