Monday, August 2, 2010

Jesus Loves Me

Rain or shine.

This weekend I had the pleasure of shooting the wedding of a dear Christian couple.  They are young, fun and very much in love.  But more importantly, they love Jesus. 

So the whole wedding was outdoor.  Ceremony, reception, all of it.  And of course, it started to rain.  They had a long ceremony planned with several songs, praise and worship with the guests and a longish charge by the pastor.  Communion and a sand ceremony were also planned.  So...when it started to sprinkle pretty hard a quarter of the way through the ceremony, it wasn't good.

As I was kneeling in the grass, snapping away, I had a little prayer moment with Jesus.  It went something like this, Lord, please keep the rain away till the reception.

It continued to sprinkle.  Internally, I was resigning myself to getting up shortly and capturing all four hundred guests running for the tent.  And then the Holy Spirit asked me if I really believe God when he says to ask for things in his name.  So I asked again.  And made an attitude adjustment.  Now, it's really not that easy to sit in the damp grass, as the raindrops are falling and believe fervently that the rain is going to stop. 

But guess what, it did. 

And God reminded me.  I am a Christian.  That's not a lifestyle choice.  That's a relationship with the eternal and all powerful God of the universe.  If he cares about a wedding ceremony, then he definitely cares about the deep parts of my heart and He's kinda got that under control too.

To follow that up, God gave Jeremy exactly the right words for a powerful service this Sunday. 

Jesus loves me.  Kinda great.

http://blue-ridge.org/Podcast/Video/tabid/167/Default.aspx

I've Been Marked from Blue Ridge Community Church on Vimeo.

No comments:

Blog Archive