Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I Choked

True.  After weeks of talking big smack.  Like watch out for the 6 o clock news, and Imma tackle him, and I wanta kiss not just a picture....

I choked. 

Me.  Front freaking row.  JMraz less than 10 feet away from me.  Him looking for a volunteer in the crowd to hop up on stage and get their boogie on. 

You know how they say sometimes time freezes and goes in slow motion during a car accident or some other catastrophe.  O it's true.  We locked eyes, me and Mr. A-Z, and in that moment, I put my hands down, and broke the connection, looking at the ground.  All in sloooow motion.

The chick next to me however was screaming, jumping, doing all the obviously correct things one should do in these situations.  And of course he picked her.  And she ran up and was ridiculously cute be-boppin' around while he serenaded her.  On his knees. 

*sigh* I'm a freaking idiot. 

Lesson of the day: never let your insecurities stand in the way of your dream.  Or perhaps:  make the most of every opportunity?  Or even better, but less known:  when gazing into Jason Mraz's eyes do not choke. 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love you. Even if you choked. You were Front row at a Jason concert. So awesome. :D

Blog Archive