Thursday, September 16, 2010

Turning

Another birthday approaches.  32. 

I wouldn't trade the wisdom and the experience that I have in this moment of my life to go back to my 20s at all.  I feel confident in who I am and comfortable in my own skin.  But yet I do feel that time is slipping through my fingers quickly.  Mortality is peeking over my shoulder.

I know that sounds morbid, but someone in the Bible said "teach us to number our days".  When the days ahead have numbers like 40 and 50 attached to them, it makes me want to count carefully and wisely so that my short span on this planet is not a life wasted. 

I also feel like this time in my life is a turning point.  There are things in my life that I will not change.  Trajectories I want to continue on.  Pathways I want to keep walking.  And there are paths and trajectories I want to step off of and choose another way. 

This 32nd year will be interesting.  Hopefully it will be a year where I can say at the end of it good choices were made.

In the meantime, my BFF gave me cupcakes for my birfday!  Luv. 

1 comment:

Angie said...

Happy birthday my friend! I'm glad I'm getting to know you. You make me smile. As for getting older, enjoy it. Each decade has its own fun and frustration but you only get to live that decade once so make the most of it. Love you much!

Blog Archive