Friday, October 22, 2010

Breaking Open

Something inside me opened up on Wednesday night.  Sometimes you have something clenched inside of you that you may not even know was there.  Beth Moore was teaching on the love of God as a healer.  Desiring us in our broken state and wanting to heal us.  And I remembered.  I am desired by God.  And I felt joy surge upward in my soul.  I've been caught in a place of looking too long at my deficiencies and not looking at the One who heals me.  My heart was clenched into a knot of ugly. 

To be desired by God is a wonderful thing.  To be loved by God.  To be made by God into the creation of beauty and reflected glory that he wants me to be.  That he wants you to be.  It's a peace bringer.  It's a joy giver.  It's a dance starter.

It allows me to forgive.  And to confess without fear. 

You will go out in joy
       and be led forth in peace;
       the mountains and hills
       will burst into song before you,
       and all the trees of the field
       will clap their hands.

No comments:

Blog Archive