Friday, October 29, 2010

Inspiration Part 2?

Recently, I've had a few people e mailing me to say that I'm some kind of inspiration to them.  The first initial gut reaction to this is to shake my head in disbelief.  Um, excuse me, are you sure you sent this message to the right person?  Cuz I'm pretty sure you don't have the right one.

Do ya know who I am?  The blond klutzy girl who has a gift of saying the wrong thing, being late to everywhere, and never quite measuring up to even her own standards?

And then the second reaction is fear.  O gosh, what if I stumble?  What if I screw somebody up because I screw up?  I can't screw up.  Dear God, don't let me screw up.

And then the 3rd reaction is a gentle reminder from the HS that the good in me is from the work that he has done, and he will take care of the rest, screw up or not.

And I can take a moment to thank Him that he takes this meager life of mine and does something with it sometimes.  That part is kinda cool. (=

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ironic you posted this. I had someone say something to me regarding a something I had done ...pretty much along the same lines...you feel humbled, then like you don't deserve to be told such things, then panicked that you will mess up - yup all those things. But I can't agree more with the last part of your blog...takes all that away :)

Blog Archive