Thursday, December 16, 2010

little pieces of my life

I finished painting the new studio yesterday.  You might think that having to put so much effort into something is a negative, but I like it.  Having my hands and my blood, sweat and tears in something feels more meaningful.  I like working for the accomplishment.

Last night, I wandered through Barnes and Noble looking for a new read.  George W's memoirs were outstanding, and so I was in the mood for another biography.  Something non political this time.  Nothing caught my eye, so I bought an anthology of short stories.  However, I still want that biography, so if you have suggestions, throw them at me!

Today it's snowing in sheets.  The first big one of the year.  Today is also the day I chose to move into my new studio...um, still doing it.  It will be more fun in the snow with hot chocolate at the end of it all...

I applied to be on a reality web show about photographers and I made it into the final cuts...I had my interview yesterday.  They are supposed to let us know tomorrow or Monday if we made it in.  I don't know if I want this or not, now that we are this far.  Is America ready for me?  haha, I doubt it.

Wellies are on, off to lug things upstairs.  Happy Snow Day friends!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

EEEEE! You on TV would be AMAZING! :)

I'm so excited to see the studio all finished.

So glad you're having a lovely day.

On bios -- you should checkk out this one called "A Chance to Die" by Elisabeth Eliot - bio of Amy Carmichael! Life changing.

Blog Archive