Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fight/Fight

 “The life of a designer is a life of fight. Fight against the ugliness. Just like a doctor fights against disease. For us, the visual disease is what we have around, and what we try to do is cure it somehow with design” – Massimo Vignelli in the film Helvetica

The life of a photographer is a similar fight.  A fight/fight against the normal.  Against the mundane.  It is our job to take the everyday and make it amazing.  To find the moments and freeze them.  To see the beauty and plaster it against the consciousness of the world.  A wedding photographer celebrates love.  All the time.  And it's our job to take every couple and make them look and feel like they are the only couple in the world.  And they are the only couple in the world with their unique love story.

Creativity is my fight/fight.  When I feel myself getting stagnant it's time again to refocus.  Dig in.  Get my game face on and plan.  Think.  Dream.  Listen to music.  Watch a movie.  Read a book.  And dream. And dream some more.    So that every couple or family is a new dream.  A new vision.  My vision is that every single picture I make will capture the ache in the heart, the joy of life, the celebration of love.

This is my fight/fight.  One I will strive and work for and get up in the morning again and again to accomplish.  And to dream.

No comments:

Blog Archive