Tuesday, March 29, 2011

On Smilin'

This morning began in the dread dentist's chair.  I put my safety glasses on....for real...and leaned back into my least favorite 30 minutes of today.  After getting my root canal fixed again...grrr....

It was back to work.

As Quasimodo.

Apparently my dentist was over enthusiastic with the numbing, cuz half of my face wasn't working 4 hours later.  This brain inside this blond head will always go to the worst case scenario first.  So I devised various futures in which I had to have plastic surgery, sued the dentist, was unable to smile normally ever again, lived as a hermit in my house, heroically gave up my career and served the poor like Mother Theresa....oh yes.  :D

But really the thing that bothered me the most today, was that I couldn't smile.  No matter how much I thought action at my facial muscles or pushed them up with a finger or contorted my working lips...nothin.

A smile is such a gift.  I take it for granted.  And I'm glad to have it back.  Share your smiles with the world today people.  Show some love and appreciation. Imma be grinning all the way home.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

<3 this. SOOOO much! :)

Blog Archive