Thursday, March 24, 2011

Passion, Photography and Vampires

What? you say?  What in the bejeezus are you talking about?  Well, hordes of young ladies, and ladies of slightly older persuasion, have not been turned into fangirls because we are emo goths who love blood, death and gore.  Twilight is at its heart and soul a love story.  Eternal love.  Undying love.  Love that overcomes obstacles.  And while I might have some minor issues with the author's ideas and I might confess that Bella is the milksoppiest, most annoying heroine ever....I've got me a big time Edward crush.

Big. Time.

Last night I had the opportunity to listen to a lil video webinar by Jesh de Rox about his business philosophy called Beloved.  Or the Beloved Collective.  Pretty great name, right?  The point and the philosophy is that artists must do what they love, and love what they do to be great.  To create greatly.  To pull greatness from their clients and all of that stems from passion and pulling the love story out of the couple you are with.

Really, everything in life boils down to a love story.  Creation.  Faith.  Why you and I got born.  What we sing about.  What we think about.  What we hunger for in the middle of the night.  And so this little job that we get to do takes on great meaning and inspiration when you think:  I have been gifted the opportunity to capture someone's love story.  Someone's passion play.  And when given that opportunity why would you settle for ordinary?

All of this is a movement that has been birthing inside of me for a while.  To take this art and elevate it.  To push myself for more.  To learn from my mistakes and not repeat them.  And really, isn't that about more than business and photography?  Isn't that also about how to live life every day?  And so I can curl up with a Twilight novel and read guilt free and inspired....because as Edward says....

Isn’t it supposed to be like this? The glory of first love, and all that. It’s incredible, isn’t it, the difference between reading about something, seeing it in the pictures, and experiencing it?

So let's celebrate our love stories where we find them.  And let's see it in pictures.   Write about it.  Read about it.  And definitely, most definitely, live in the moment and experience all the vibrant hues of love, life, joy and sorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

and honestly...aren't vampires the most passionate of all legendary (or not;) ) creatures?? Vampires..then artists :)

Amanda said...

Awe-some Post, Crys. I love it. And I love that quote from Edward. :) I am feeling the need for some twilight in my life now...

Blog Archive