Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Step by Step

Last night I watched one of the signs of the end of the world.  New Kids on the Block, and Backstreet Boys have formed some kind of supergroup called...wait for it....NBBKOTB or something equally long and resembling alphabet soup. 

Ok.  Confession.  I did perhaps sing along to Step by Step and bust a move on my couch. 

Boy bands bring back memories of the high school bus rides and NKOTB trading cards.  Singing Hanging Tough.  Debating which one was hottest.  And then, as the Fates would have it, Misty Ferguson came into my life as my college roommate.  Not only was she a collector of all kitchy things NKOTB, she knew all the words to all the songs.  Eureka!  A lifelong friendship was born.  And trust me, there were times at Pensacola Christian College when a girl had to sing Hanging Tough just to get through the day.  You try wearing nylons in 90 degrees and humidity.  That's right.

Me, Misty, Jen...(and somebody in the middle)circa 1999.

Hmm.  So here they are.  Drink it in, baby.  And know that I'm busting another move on this side of the screen. 

2 comments:

Ryan George said...

Rich Mullins' version was better.

Misty said...

It won't work here : {. And I can't find it on youtube. Wahhhhhhhhhhh.

Blog Archive