Monday, July 16, 2012

Nicaragua: July Day 1

I was telling Jen last night how much this trip more than usual it's such a change in realities to be here.  Probably because its my busy season in work, and so instead of spending every waking moment pursuing my to do list like I normally would in July, I'm sitting on some stairs.  Looking at a palm tree.  Preparing to take 70 ladies to the zoo.  (yikes) 

It's a change in realities in that instead of worrying about how many pictures I have to edit.  Product I have to buy.  Bills I have to pay.  I'm thinking about a team of women and men, a friend I'm going to see soon, young girls I love, and a family of Nicaraguans that just had their son come home. 

The eternal and the temporary.

This week I just want to be present and I want to serve the team and the HOH staff and residents.  I know, I know.  We always all say that.  But I really do want to serve.  In a way that doesn't draw any attention to me or say- "Hey look how great I'm serving". 

So off to the zoologico. 

No comments:

Blog Archive