Monday, April 8, 2013

Brave

Sometimes I feel like 3 people. 
There's the photographer/artist/businesswoman. 
The mentor/teacher/shepherd. 
The girl who likes to laugh with her best friends, snuggle her husband, dance on Friday nights, eat guacamole and read good books. 

Being in my mid 30s I guess has precipitated a mid life crisis.  Who do I want to be?  This was my first 30 years.  What will the next 30 look like?  What do I want them to look like?  I'm taking this year to pray through it a little bit.  To ask God for direction and to not make impulsive decisions. 

Most of all I want to be afraid not to try.  I feel at my most comfortable in my own skin right now.  I know who I am, what I'm good at, and I want to be fearless.  Lest you think this is all taken from various Taylor Swift songs, let's be clear.

Fearless means when I fail I look at why and try again, or make a wise decision about not trying again.

Comfortable means confident, less concerned with what other people think about my choices and more interested in being my best for Jesus.

In the 2nd third of life I want to be brave. 

1 comment:

Amber J said...

should I be surprised - that i have had these same thoughts. I am actually considering a photo series on "brave". yup.

Blog Archive