Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Impossible Mustard Seed

I was listening to a podcast today from Mosaic about Faith.  The guy was talking about praying impossible prayers.  About not being afraid to ask God for things and expect a response.  Not out of an economy of if I do this, you do that God.  But out of the promise that people with faith like mustard seeds move pieces of the world. 

This is a mustard seed:




And this is a mustard tree:


He made a point that from a seed comes a tree and it doesn't happen overnight but it starts with the seed.  Big things come from small.  Mountains start moving via tremors underneath.  Journeys start with steps.  

I've heard that story a lot around church, but today it struck a cord with me.  I'm praying for my impossible thing.   And I want to take my little seed and plant it and see if things change because God grows it.  



No comments:

Blog Archive