Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Usually sometime between December and January I sit down and take an inventory of the past year and think out goals for the coming year.  Despite really wanting to, I've not been able to find time to do that yet.  I meant to at the Trust Home, but it didn't happen.  We were actually pretty busy from dawn to dusk. 

Before we left, Jesus had been taking me through Proverbs 31.  And I find myself drawn there again.

This year is crystalizing for me into one theme, be a woman of integrity.  Raise your game. 

What jumped out at me in reading this proverb, is how much of a business woman the Prov 31 woman is.  She buys, sells, creates, raises a family, blesses her husband, cares for the needy.  Has a good reputation in her home and her community. 

I want to be that woman. 

I can see areas in my life that I let slip last year.  So this call feels higher up and further in. 

Let me love Jesus more so that his character shines in everything I do, business and career, church and ministry, family and husband. 

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
    and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Proverbs 31:30-31

No comments:

Blog Archive