Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Lift up your head.

I sometimes feel like I write only or mostly when something is wrong in my heart. 

Tonight I want to share something beautiful and good. 

In this season of busy and overwhelmed, I have been tired in my soul.  Tired in my heart.  Dragging myself to ministry and to meetings. 

As I sat around a circle of ladies tonight and listened to them share their stories, 3 of them had things to say about how God had used my obedience in their lives to draw them closer to himself. 

It just felt like God sat next to me and put an arm around my shoulder and said, see girl... things are getting done whether you feel it or not.  I felt like he put a finger under my chin and lifted my face up.  Not because I am wonderful and wise, but because I know I am not and he wants to use me. 

I felt the pleasure and the presence of Christ tonight and it was sweet. 

1 comment:

Ryan George said...

There is no price you can put on those moments, those assurances that sacrifice is worth it.

Blog Archive