Wednesday, October 22, 2014

One of my favorite gospel songs is Withholding Nothing by William McDowell. 

It's one of those songs that you can't just flippantly sing.  Withholding nothing.  Meaning giving all of it over.  All of it. The marriage.  The job.  The singleness.  The frustrations.  The anger.

Giving up my rights to react, act or own things in every situation.

Letting God sandpaper my rough edges.  Making me a reflection of his character.  It's hard hard work.  It's painful.  It's death.  So much life comes out of it, though.  Obedience is always worth it; obedience brings blessing.  

Withholding nothing. 
Dying to live. 
The mystery of the gospel. 
The power of the gospel.
The power of God in us.  

I want to gaze at Christ again.  And again.  And again.

I want Him to gaze out of me, into the world. 


No comments:

Blog Archive