Thursday, February 25, 2010

100th Post

100 seems like an important number.  I guess I should have something really meaningful to say.  Wisdom to share.  Earthquaking enlightenment to shower.  hmmm....not so much really.

Music, however, is worth discussing.  Jason Mraz in particular.  He is kind of the perfect combination of humor and sweetness.  Like his style, his swagga, and his songwriting.  Everything is better when related to food, and his music seems like comfort food.  (Specifically anything Italian and pasta for me.)  My favorite song and video is You and I Both.  The dancing policemen are a little weird, but overall adore it. My baby sister is also a big fan and we need to plan a trip to see him live soon.  Very soon.  Unfortunately his next live show is in the Netherlands somewhere, not really road trip friendly.

It's probably for the best.  Poor J doesn't need to be accosted by two super fans. (=

Other songwriters I've been digging this week.  Ingrid Michelson, Jewel, Colbie Caillat, and perennial favorite Tyrone Wells.  Amos Lee is pretty great and so is Maxwell. 

So I leave you with You and I Both.  Kind of fitting, maybe after all, for an online conversation hitting 100. (=

Jason Mraz - You & I Both with Subtitles English Spanish Turkish from Claudio ThatsAll on Vimeo.

1 comment:

the Jeffr said...

Oh, you hit some of my very faves. Ingrid and Colbie are fantastic. I do enjoy a bit of Amos Lee now and then as well. Gotta love pandora.

Blog Archive