Monday, March 1, 2010

3 Times the Charm

I hope. Being Crystal sometimes means...ok a lot of times...means being clutzy, clumsy and forgetful.   I fight with my right brained tendencies on a daily basis.  But Dear Georgia, this week!  This week is in a league all its own. 

It started Wednesday night when I went to shoot a grand opening at a venue downtown.  Got there a little late, also normal for me.  Had everything I needed..check, check, check.  O, wait, CF cards?   Nope.  And of course every important photographer in town was there as well.  Adam kindly offered to let me borrow a card.  I looked down, mortified and touched at the same time, and mumbled that I was having a senior and a blond moment, had made a call to Ruby and she was on her way.   Cut to Scene 2 on Friday.

Finishing a baby shoot that had run an hour over.  Had to be in Altavista, 20 minutes away, hopped in the car with my camera bag.  Checked that I had extra cards.(!)  Pulled into the parking lot of the cutest store in the world ready to shoot.  And I had left my camera at home.  Yup.  I walked the walk of shame into the store to tell the manager that I was: blond, sorry, and would be right back.  She was sweet.  (Offered me an ice cream cone and asked if I was a professional.)   Cut to scene 3.

Saturday was glorious.  The beach in NC was perfect, the water was clear and the weather was warm.  My bride was lovely and her dress was amazing.  The wind was blowing at just the right time to catch her hair or her dress or the grass on the dunes.  Perfect.  Really really perfect.  So I drive home in a great mood to catch a ride up to the annual retreat with my small group.  Sunday night I'm home.  I'm excited to download and view the pictures, I put the card straight out of the camera into the reader....and wait for it....no pictures.  Yup.  I'm still hyperventilating a little. 

And what is the moral of this little tale?  There are several options:  dye my hair,  avoid black cats, give up photography and move to Costa Rica....the ever popular option D, which is all of the above.  I think I would make a fabulous brunette beach bunny. 

Sometimes you really just have to laugh.   Things come in threes, right?  Here's hoping!  (= 

(I did check flights to CR...Pura Vida baby.)

2 comments:

Ryan George said...

You have left-brain assistance in the basement. I have brown hair, hate cats, and have taken you to Costa Rica in the past.

Sometimes the hardest part of help is wanting it. =)

I love you!

the Jeffr said...

Yikes. that's quite the string you put together :P
I mean, I've forgotten stuff here and there, but...
Yikes.

Blog Archive