Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Come on, Come on Let's Play

Today was an interesting exploration of the world of Paramore.  For the record, their crushcrushcrush has been a favorite of mine for a while, but I never really explored the rest of their music.  At least three of the band members profess to be Christians on their website.  True or not true, who knows?   All I know is it does take some guts to put it in their bios.  They didn't have to.  I'm a big fan of the new song, The Only Exception.  Hayley has great hair.(jealous)  Red hair has always been a dream that I've never pulled off quite right.  I tried a couple times.  The first time was my freshman year of college and it started out banging, but faded into a rather unfortunate pink shade.  I tried again last year with a pretty fab auburn, but all of the feed back was kind of ehh...so blond I am, and blond I shall be.  Two of my dear friends are fabulously natural redheads so I guess I can live vicariously through association with them. (=

In the midst of my Paramore explorations today there were lots of interesting thoughts and conversations.  First of all, why the heck am I such a procrastinator?  I tell you the truth, I can have something urgent on my desk, and I will put it off until the last possible minute.  As in the. last. minute. As in the 59th second of the last minute.   This translates itself into lots of unattractive things in my life like the state of my car and state of my desk, and the state of the financial receipts in my accounting pile.  All of which are things on the list to change this year, but of course they've been put off till later.    There are important things like facebook and twitter and blogging to do.

Also, the interesting conflicts of the human heart have been stumbling around my brain.  As in why, WHY, do I have information about a dear friend's boyfriend that maybe she should be aware of.  But maybe not.  And mostly why can't we just shake some sense into some men.  As in love the one you're with, idjit.  Take her on a date.  Buy her a flower.  Or three.  Spend an hour just kissing her and telling her how beautiful she is.  Women are not hard.  We are easy.  We are suckers for affection.  And also, since I am ranting tonight, why don't men ask women on dates anymore?  Why do I have a large abundance of fabulous single girlfriends?  In their late 20s and 30s?  I mean fabulous women.  Beautiful, amazing, funny, godly, successful women!  Where the heck are all the men at?  Did all the Christian men take vows of celibacy lately?   Should we be checking for collars instead of rings? (=

Walked the LU mtn tonight with a lovely pink and blue sunset at my back, the snow and the trees and the hills all around and Jen to share the moment with.  Pretty great.  God has blessed my life more than I could ask or imagine with friendships.  The great thing is relationships, really.  There is always room for one more point of view, one more person to share your heart with and let become a soul friend.  And there is nothing more satisfying or joyful than walking through life with another person.  It refreshes my heart to sip from another person's soul.  Just to hear another perspective, be inspired by a different point of view, be drawn to thoughtfulness or prayer by encouragement or honesty, or laugh until our guts and cheeks and sides hurt.  Wow, God is good to give us the gift of relationship. 

So, to quote Paramore:
I got a lot to say to you
Yeah, I got a lot to say

haha...good night! 

2 comments:

Amanda said...

whoa...that's a LOT of information from the fount of Paramore -- WHOM I LOVE BY THE WAY! I LOOOOOVE the first cd. All We Know is Falling - favorite song ever "My Heart"....yaaaaay. I also really like "When it Rains" and "We are Broken"...and and and and....oy. Good stuff.

By the way, I wonder all the time about the single men...I only know of one who would be worth it and he's about as blind as the rest of them. Who knows, right? God's timing, that's what I gotta rest on. Otherwise I'd cry everyday.

Btw: I'm a super procrastinator too. Which is why I forgot to call yesterday! LOL!

I wanna walk Liberty Mtn with you some day!!!!

the Jeffr said...

I love the way you crafted that last paragraph. Couldn't agree more! Thank God for relationships!

Blog Archive