Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Humble List of Thanksgiving

Happy Turkey Day friends! The older I get the more I appreciate the ability to set one day aside in the this rat race of life and breathe, and appreciate what we have been given. We are a selfish lot, really, and looking at all that we have been given is so amazing - to see just how much blessing is continually poured out over us. So with that in mind, here is my non comprehensive list of what I am thankful for today:


1. My husband. Ryan and I have been through hell and high water together and we are still standing thanks to the grace of God and a sense of humor. I love you babe.
2. I have a lot of sibs and each one of them is a special joy in my life. Also, even if we at times want to beat each other, and did when we were younger, at the end of the day we are a team.
3. My nieces and nephews. There are no words to express how much I love my JJ, Nathalie, Renner, Hudson, Cheyenne, Gabriel, Abby, and Karis. Being an auntie is the best!
4. My parents. The more years pass, the more I appreciate them and the more grateful I am to have them near us, and this year especially I appreciate all the work Mom puts into the turkey every year haha!
5. I have the best group of girl friends in the world. Period. No arguments. Thankful for all the laughter, advice, listening, crying, movies, praying, and traveling we do together. I <3 you guys and you know who you are.
6. This crazy, busy, creative, challenging job that I love. The freedom to pursue it. The joy of watching it grow. God is good.
7. A good book. I am thankful for stories that sweep me off to another place and time and keep me thinking about them long after the pages are closed.
8. My church. I was talking to a friend last night about having a church to call home for the first time in my life at Blue Ridge. It feels good to walk in the doors and feel right and feel at home. Thank God for a church devoted to Him.
9. Sparkly shoes. With tall heels.
10. Chocolate in almost any form.
11. Facebook
12. Good music. Which of course has to include the J Mraz concert this year. Highlight, yes.
13. A beautiful plethora of locations to go hiking in. Fall in Central VA = fantastic.
14. Big earrings that go just right with the outfit.
15. Nicaragua has been a revelation this year. It makes the list for all I learned and experienced over 3 trips.
16. New friends
17. A good rainstorm. Nothing like rain and music and work or tea and a book.
18. Kenyan tea. Yum-O.
19. Living in a town where I can smile at a stranger on the street and they will smile back.
20. Snuggies.
21. Bacon. Haha. Yes I am putting it on the list.
22. Hugs and kisses.
23. Dance in every format, and the health to indulge in it often.
24. Sunsets, especially the hot pink and gold ones.
25. A God that loves me and makes that known loudly and often in my life. A Hero that gives me a hope and a future. A Potter that works out the ugly edges in me. (I saved the best for last)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love it. :) And You.

Blog Archive