Sunday, November 28, 2010

Humble Pie

A cousin of pumpkin, less well known and definitely not as tasty. After a few weeks of dreaming and planning and yes, I admit, gloating...a little e mail made it's way into my inbox tonight.  Cancelled. 

The workshop I've been looking forward to for a few months now is no more.  Just like that. 

After the initial anger passed, and as I was lying in bed tonight still thinking about it all, the HS said in that way that he has...

Humility.

Alright, it's true.  There has been a good deal of pride wrapped up in this trip.  I've been enjoying telling people loud and proud that I am going to New York.  I am a BIG DEAL.  Just in case anyone was wondering.  And just like that, all my plans are gone with the wind.  (Living in the South makes these literary allusions much more cheesy.) 

Ecclesiastes said tonight:  7:8

8 The end of a matter is better than its beginning,
   and patience is better than pride.

So, I'm still going.  Not quite the way I planned.  To see the end of the matter. :) And I'm sorry that God has to do things like this to remind me of whose I am and in what state my heart should be.  And I'm thankful that he loves me enough to remind me.  So, the end of this chapter is:  I'm looking forward to the better part of all this and adventuring in NYC with Amber to make our own workshop. 

1 comment:

Amber J said...

and seriously, I am thinking Crystal George should just develop her own workshop :) New marketing tool? Why yes, I think so. AND...NY was a blast...so there...Jared :P

Blog Archive