Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thank God for Martinis

Last night in the Beth Moore study we talked about rest.  How necessary it is.  How little we take.  How guilty we feel for taking it.  How much Jesus offers it to us.  Both physical and spiritual.  I've talked a little bit about how I've been running on empty for a while.  But God has been so gracious to me.  Inspirationally, I'm about to tackle a fantastic project this weekend.   Spiritually, He has been in constant communication with my heart.  Calling me to prayer and blessing me with direction and answers and just loving on me when I needed it. 

I don't know what I really want to say tonight, except that I'm thankful for rest.  I took tonight off from work and went to get dessert with a girlfriend downtown.  The waiter was pretty entertaining, he tried to get us to do shots.  And he recommended the best martini I've ever had, in my life.  Hands down.  So good. 

So thank you God for martinis.  And thank you for nights to go to bed early. 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Amen to all of this. Just a big whopping AMEN. :)

LOVE YOU.

Blog Archive