Saturday, February 19, 2011

Reading the Fluff

As I'm packing my carryon for the plane there are some vital things to go in it:  laptop, money, passport, movie choice(in case the plane movie sucks), and what I never leave for the trip without--books.

I have a lot of friends who read deep and intellectually stimulating books, and then write riveting reviews of in depth insights thereby gained. yeah....well....I read a lot of fluff.

Don't get me wrong, I love debate and stimulating conversation but the first choice for me almost always when I'm looking to get away is a novel.  Scifi/fantasy usually.  Romance sometimes.  Mystery sometimes.  As long as it has a good plot and great characters, I'm in.  Sometimes I want to be the kind of person who will take Piper's latest tome along and finish it and then talk about how prayer and faith have new shades of the rainbow, but mostly I am at peace with my fluffiness.

So off to Nicaragua I go with my latest scifi novel, and Velvet Elvis.  Just in case. ;)

No comments:

Blog Archive