Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter & Inner Lights

Dave, speaking on Easter Sunday, opened up the reality of Christ.  As defined by God.  

He is the image of the invisible God. 
  
And as Todd led worship, How Great is our God took on lovelier meanings.  Deeper shades of grace.  I wrote a lil note awhile ago about wanting an extraordinary lifeBut every now and then I'm struck with the selfishness and the emptiness of what I focus on from day to day.  Instead of feeding the orphan and visiting the sick, I spend my evenings getting pedicures and watching TV.  Way more times than I would like to admit.  

Not to say that I want to run away and be Mother Theresa.  Nor do I think getting a pedicure is a bad thing.(they're grrreeeat!)  It's just that the balance of 'me' stuff and serving stuff I feel like should tip more to the side of serving.  And right now, can't say that it is.  Also, can't really say that I've been putting Jesus front and center as the image of the invisible God in my heart.  Or in my life.  I'm talking real.  In love.  All out.  Worship filled.  Communion with Jesus.  Every day.  

It's not even been every week.  

And that is prolly why the selfish side of CG is winning.  Here's the thing.  I can't live a life less ordinary if all I serve is myself.  My purpose has to be greater.  My God has to be the only God.   My love has to be for my first love.  Everything else falls out of and into that.  Into Him. 
 
Last week I got a lovely e mail from a friend.  It said something along these lines:

I am not sure if anyone has ever told you this but you seem to exude your own light. A kindness and beauty that draws people to you and leaves an imprint on their hearts. 

And in the same week, I exchanged e mails with my brother in which he accused me of judgmental Christianity.

Despite your criticisms, I feel like I have a bright future.  I’m going to be happy to prove you wrong.

Two opposing points of view on my heart.  It's not about being liked.  Although, that's nice.  It's not about forcing my brother to live his life my way.  Obviously I failed in communication.

So.

In winning and losing.  In living.  No matter what the situation, I want my light, my inner light to be that of Jesus in me.  If at the end of the saga that is Crystal, people can say that they are better because Jesus loved them through me.  That is enough to be extraordinary.

And so my takeaway this Easter is a reminder to come further up and further in to the love of God, so that He can go further out to the people he's placed me near.

No comments:

Blog Archive