Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Lil Bit of my Crazy

It's a byproduct of my traveling youth.  Well, ok, my traveling life. (That part never really stopped.)  Especially in the Miami airport.  Home Sweet Home.  I've been in and out of that sucker all my life since I was the ripe old age of 2.  Slept overnights in it.  Eaten lots of meals.  And, here's where the crazy begins....met up with lots of friends.  One time stands out in particular.  I randomly met with 2 guys I went to high school with.  We hit up the restaurant on the top of the airport and just chatted and caught up before going our separate ways. 

But really, it happened quite often, that we ran into people we knew almost every time we were in Miami.  Even now.  There is only one plane that flies in and out of the Burg so we are almost guaranteed to meet people we know coming or going. 

And thus my habit was established of expecting people to be around every corner in airports.   Truly, I do look around whenever we go somewhere half expecting to see a familiar face.   I hadn't realized how often I do it, and how often it carries over to other places.  I mean, you really can't go to the grocery store or Target without meeting someone familiar, so it seems normal.  But I found myself doing it at a gas station this weekend.  3 hours from where I live.   And in the immortal words of Cee Lo, does that make me crazy?  Possibly.....:)

No comments:

Blog Archive