Friday, June 3, 2011

Message in a Bottle and Other Things

This week was the week of romantic, sappy, make you cry movies.  The Bodyguard, The Notebook, and Message in a Bottle.  Interested in my reviews?  Good, cuz Imma tell you anyway.

The Bodyguard has glorious music.  A great concept.  One good actor.  I think it should get a remake.  It had more potential than execution.

Loved all parts of the Notebook that involved Rachel McAdams and Ryan G.  Coulda lived without the older versions of them and that whole storyline.  Love the period clothing.

My favorite was Message.  Most believable relationship.  Most believable dialogue.  Chemistry.  Storyline.  I HATE that he dies at the end.  (If this is a spoiler for you, I have no words.  Including apologies. 1999, people.)  Hence why I love Disney animated movies.  Hero always gets the girl.  Nobody dies except the witch.  Fantastic.

I didn't feel brave enough to attempt PS I Love You.  I sobbed into my sweater for the entire movie, in the theater.  Super humiliating to run into everyone you've ever met also at Friday night movies, with a cherry red nose.

No idea why the sudden craving to watch love stories.  With sad endings.  The good news is I have puh-lenty of weddings to make up for it.  Inspiration.  I think so.  If you see a Bodyguard inspired bride and groom pose....well...
                                               at least there will be no red noses.

No comments:

Blog Archive