Monday, June 6, 2011

Sisterly Conversations in the Car

Ruby and I spent a LOT of quality time in the car this weekend.  Which was mostly her reading/napping and me listening to music and letting my thoughts wander near and far.  But we had occasional moments of brilliance like this....

Ruby:  Well, you know, you carry yourself like you're taller than you are. 
Me:  What?
Ruby:  You have a presence when you walk.
Me:  I have a presence?  YES!  So, next time I walk into a room, I can say me and mah presence have arrived people.  Soak. It. In. 
Ruby: oh nooo....
Me:  YES!  (beginning to sing along to whatever was playing on the radio)
Ruby:  Well, your singing's got no presence.  Shut it down.


For the record, I have no idea what she's talking about but it does make for great elder sister moments.  I feel that I can now remind her of my presence anytime we have a disagreement.  I want chocolate.  She's bugging me.  She wants to borrow my clothes.  The list, it just goes on. :D

No comments:

Blog Archive