Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Monday on a Tuesday

It started with getting up at 6 am.  As the crack of dawn streamed into my slitted eyes, I made my way to the studio with a back seat full of treats for this morning's networking meeting.  In the parking lot I pulled my Coke Zero out with one hand and the bags with the other...only to drop the Coke.  It fell gloriously, spraying itself in abandon all over my car and me.   Having safely deposited the rest of the treats on the table upstairs I realized that I had forgotten to get coffee.  30 grumpy people were about to descend on me and no coffee might in fact be a riot situation.  The White Hart, thank the good Lord, was open.  I looked the barista straight in the eye and asked for coffee to go for 20 people.  He looked at me blankly.  I repeated myself.  He looked at me blankly again and shuffled over toward the coffee makers.  Finding what he was looking for, he held out a fantastic. single. 20 oz cup.

So I slowed it down.

Coffee.  To go.  20 PEOPLE.

Pretty sure Monday made a return visit today.

No comments:

Blog Archive