Saturday, September 24, 2011

Tales from the BCB(bottom of the camera bag) #1

Today I need a little venting session.  BTW, this shall be in the style of tales from the crypt.  As we all know, wedding photography has a dark underbelly, and this shall be the place to wear midriff shirts.

Last night I had a bride tell me she hates all her pictures 6 months after telling me she loved all her pictures.  I've also had a strong desire to eat chocolate and cheese all week.  PMS galore.  All of this of course leading me to having had 4 days of Hades and wondering rather seriously last night if I should even be in this business.  But then I thought about what I might want to do if I quit.  There is absolutely nothing at all that challenges me and fulfills me as much as what I do for a living.

Even on the bad weeks.

The cherry on top of the last 4 days was my locking my keys and cell phone in the car today on Main St while buying more cheese and chocolate.  The lovely ladies of Celebration bridal let me use their phone, which was no use, because I couldn't remember Ruby's cell #.

It was a nice day for a walk though, and so as I traipsed down Main St toward the studio, I had a nice chuckle to myself.  When things reach this point of insult to injury it becomes mildly hilarious.  My sister, who also doubles as my emergency kit, drove me home to my spare key and I arrived back at the car JUST in time to save myself from a parking ticket.

So there you have it.  The life and times of CGS.  Hopefully it is all up from here the rest of the week.  Stay tuned...;)

1 comment:

Sweetly Broken said...

oh Crystal! what a week! :(
Hang in there! I hope Catalyst has been filling you up!

Blog Archive