Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanks Giving Uno

Today I am thankful for the tensions in my life. 

The tension in painting is taking what I see and visualizing it into something new.  The tension in photography is visualizing it so that people can see something new.  And there is tension as an artist between these two mediums that helps me to think and push my boundaries.  I like it.

The tensions between grace and giving up.  And that grace is winning.

The tension between who I want to be and who I am.

The tension between holding on too tight and holding too loosely. 

The tension between the deadline and the work to be done.

The tension between doing good and growing weary in it. 

The tension between relationship and unconditional love.

These things, these tensions rub my rough edges.  Sharpen me.   Make me stronger.  Hopefully better. 
And in being thankful for them I'm thankful for the tension between my lines and extra pounds because I have more wisdom at 33 than I had at 23. 

No comments:

Blog Archive