Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sparkly Memories

I sit here on a lovely Saturday afternoon.  The window is open.  The breeze is blowing.  It's approximately a day and a half till we leave the US of A headed to Nicaragua again.  I'm SO excited for this trip.  Not only because I'll be among the HOH friends again but because this trip includes my 2 best buds, my sister in law, and 5 of my Crash girls. 

How my heart is looking forward to memories made and laughs and tears and pictures, of course. :)

I was thinking this week about my trip to NYC with Faith.  There are 2 memories that stand out to me.  We went and saw an amazing play called Fuerza Bruta, and the best part of it was dancing in the rain at the end of show with the cast and having the leading man come down and put an arm around Faith and I and dance with us.  How often does that happen in normal life?  Never. 

 Faith and I about to hit the town in NYC

 The leading man.  Also a very good dancer.  Also from Argentina. 

And then I remember we were at Union Square looking through the booths and went to cross the street to a coffee shop when a very fine(super hot/attractive/well dressed) looking man crossing the opposite direction stopped.  Turned around. Followed us back to the shop and told us we were beautiful and asked if we were single. 

Union Square Christmas Booths


These things happen in movies.  Or in NYC.  Or on trips with your best friends.  These memories shine not just because they were fun and unusual but because I shared them with one of the people dearest to me.

I can't wait for Nicaragua.  I get to share a place and people I feel called to serve with people I love.  These moments are gonna shine even more than having a handsome stranger call after us, because we're gonna have an awesome God leading us. 

 Oscar and Vilma
Tatiana.  One of the lil girls who was rescued.

Bring it on. 

No comments:

Blog Archive