Sunday, February 5, 2012

You Do the Same for Me

Week one of the Nicaragua teams is over.  My friends are back in the US of A, hopefully back in the Burg.  I might be snickering a lil because they are in 30 degree weather and we are hovering right around 88 here. :)

Last week started rough.  The spiritual warfare we'd been experiencing carried right over into the first day.  But after that night, after talking and praying.  Refocusing.  God gave us ministry.  To the women.  To the girls.  To each other.  When God moves powerfully and breaks bondage it's amazing.  And it was so rewarding to do that with my best friends, my sister, and my team from Crash.

So last night the other team arrived.  4 boyos.  Dinner was so hard.  It was like pulling teeth.  Men converse differently than women.  Or to be more honest, it's hard to try to carry a conversation with 4 guys who just stare at you.  I was not feeling this team.

But one of our men shared his story after dinner.  A sweet sweet guy in his 60s.  He shared how he'd been lonely and untrusting most of his life and tonight was one of the first times that he's told anyone the entire story of his life.  God kind of elbowed me and reminded me that perhaps this week is as important as last week was.  And perhaps these men need me to serve them to the best of my ability as their translator and also as their friend.

So let week 2 commence.  :)  I'm ready.

No comments:

Blog Archive