Friday, March 9, 2012

Obedience

Welllll.  I've been posting a lot of heavy stuff recently.  And as much as I would really like to be fluffy and funny and witty and light, this is the season I'm walking through.  So.  Here goes another one.

I'll keep it short though.  I have to walk in obedience through some hard family stuff.  I really don't want to.  I've been avoiding it.  Can I just quote Spiderman here?  K, thanks.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

If  you replace power with knowledge, then I believe that quote pertains to my life.

I'm reading in James.  This is what God had for me this morning.

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

I can't say that I consider it joy just yet, but I do get the perseverance part.  And the lacking wisdom part.  So I'm asking and moving and trusting God for the outcome.

Yikes.

No comments:

Blog Archive