Thursday, April 22, 2010

Test Drive

I have a post coming up for a wedding on my photography blog, and I want to write a little something about the idea of love.  So I'm trying it out here. (=  So nice to have a little secret bloggity.  hehe.

Where does chemistry come from?  Eyes meet, silently.  Sparks fly invisibly, and suddenly two people are drawn together. Like magnets.  Like two halves of a whole.  And that person is your whole world.  Inside jokes.  Shivers down your spine when their hand traces your arm.  Late nights watching movies and early mornings watching the sun rise.

Where does it come from?  That instant recognition that says, I know you?

It exists in the first look between young lovers and sticks around in white haired couples holding hands.  I feel like I'm stumbling here to explain something intangible.  The lyrics to this song, I think say it best:

Style of your hair,
shape of your eyes and your nose,
the way you stare
As if you see, right through to my soul,

It's your left hand and the way
that it's not quite as big as your right,
the way you stand in the mirror
before we go out at night,

Our quiet time,
your beautiful mind,

They're a part of the list.
Things that I miss.
Things like your funny little laugh,
the way you smile or the way we kiss.

The mystery of chemistry hits me each and every time I get to shoot a love story.

No comments:

Blog Archive