Saturday, November 19, 2011

Calling 911

Today has been a day of unintentional confrontation.  Here's one of my true confessions.  Ready?  Often, if I see something that shouldn't be happening, there's no filter.  I see it.  I confront it.  This has not always played out well in la vida de mi. 

Which brings us to this morning.  I walked into my, built in the 1800s, office building - filled with wood and paper products and flammable chemicals - to be greeted with the scent of cigarettes.  So I ran downstairs and called out the employee.  Then called his boss.  Visions of escape routes in case of a fire dancing in my head.

On the way home tonight a chevy pickup almost ran into the median wall, and then almost ran off the other side up into the bushes.  And continued to weave erratically all over the expressway.  So I called 911 on them, and ended up behind them at a stoplight, where they got out of their car....my heart rate picked up a lot....got back in.  Tried to back up on a one way street.  Cop showed up.  They tried to outrun him.  It was an old pickup.  They didn't get far. 

Good golly miss molly.  That's enough for me for one day.  I'm ready to go about my merry and peaceably ignorant life tomorrow. 

No comments:

Blog Archive